Saturday, June 23, 2007

$3 Worth of Superstition

I'm not superstitious about anything... but Comets games.

For example, I never wear red to the games, because since the 5th season (and our first to be displaced as WNBA Champions), every time I do... we lose.

So, having purchased a $3 box of popcorn, on the night of our first win, from our favorite aisle vendor... I decided I should keep the tradition alive last night, in spite of the fact that I wasn't hungry.

Having winced with hunger when I left that first box behind, I made a special effort to remember to bring the second box home. And settled in, this rainy day after... just me, Miss C and that box of popcorn. We watched an old 'Dennis The Menace' move and munched... until...

I broke a tooth on a hidden kernel.

Suddenly my luck has turned.

So here I am, NOW... working overtime. And instead of working to get ahead (to pay for a leaking roof), I'm working to maintain status quo... AGAIN.

No comments: