Sunday, July 25, 2004

weekendus interruptus

Update to my previous post:

I've worked 33 hours in the last three days, and I've experienced momentary lapses into feelings of contentment and relief, that I am replenishing my savings... I'm getting ahead... I might even be able to reward myself with that Dyson vacuum cleaner over which I fantasize... (yes, my life is THAT exciting).

Upon further review, however, I find that I DO, indeed, owe the IRS four figures... for matters relating to the estate of my Mother (and previously my Father's pension fund).

Why does it seem that the great consequences (and I mean that in every sense of the word) only happen to me?

The federal government has, here, now, sucked up my most self-indulgent fantasy.

Oh, well. It’s only money (sacrifice, hard work, due pay, dirt, dog hair and other filth)... right?

(for more commentary, see http://anonconformist.blogspot.com)

 


No comments: